The Missouri Museums Association was founded in 1971 as the Missouri Museum Associates. The name changed to the Missouri Museums Association in the 1990s. It offered networking, workshop, conferences and other resources through 2001. The Association ceased to function for a number of years. In 2008, a movement began to reinstate and reconstitute the association because the needs that existed in 1971 are even greater today. The Association was reconstituted and regained its not-for-profit status in 2008. In 2010, the organization changed its name to the Missouri Association for Museums and Archives to more accurately reflect its mission.
Missouri Association for Museums and Archives Board
- President, Candace Sall, Museum of Anthropology, University of Missouri, Columbia
- Vice President,Sara Wilson, St. Joseph Museum
- Treasurer, Shelly Croteau, Missouri State Archives, Jefferson City
- Secretary, Greg Olson, Missouri State Archives, Jefferson City
- At-Large, Jess Rezac, American Jazz Museum, Kansas City
- At-Large, Greig Thompson, State Historical Society of Missouri, Columbia
- Central Area Representative, Anselm Huelsbergen, MU Archives
- Northwest Area Representative, Pamela Clingerman, Grand River Historical Society, Chillicothe
- Northeast Area Representative, Amanda Langendoerfer, Truman State University
- St. Louis Area Representative, Tim Achee, St. Louis University
- Southeast Area Representative, Joel Rhodes, Historic Preservation Program, Southeast Missouri State University, Cape Girardeau
- Southwest Area Representative, Charles Nodler, Missouri Southern State University Archives, Joplin
- Kansas City Area Representative, Mark Adams, Truman Library and Museum, Independence
Download the Missouri Association for Museums and Archives By-laws here.