The Missouri Historical Society in St. Louis has a career openings for a Conservation Technician. Please visit https://mohistory.aaimtrack.com/jobs/ to learn more and apply plus view additional job openings.
The Processing Archivist will first complete an IMLS grant project to process a series of negatives and photographs by the Sievers Studio that is currently scheduled to be completed by November of 2023. They will then begin a 5-year project to dramatically increase public access to the Photographs and Prints Collection through processing backlogged donations; reviewing and updating legacy collection records; and indexing a large photo studio collection, all for online public access. In addition, the Processing Archivist will work with catalogers to select images for a cataloging/digitization project; and they will assist with public service reference requests.
- Arrange and describe backlogged donations and MHS institutional photograph collection
- Review, upgrade, and publish legacy photograph collection records
- Select images for cataloging/digitization
- Index the Schweig Photography Studio Collection
- Assist with public service requests
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree, preferably in Museum Studies, Information Science or History
- Minimum 3-4 years of experience in archival or museum setting
Skills and Experience:
- Experience handling photographic prints and negatives and working with archival collections required
- Experience working with public service and performing reference requests preferred
- Solid written and oral communication
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience with Mimsy XG database and Adobe products preferred