Powell Gardens, Kansas City
Summary The Manager, Public Programming provides strategic leadership for the Garden's program initiatives aligned with festivals, exhibitions, and signature events. The role leads engagement initiatives with cross-departmental work teams to shape and execute innovative experiences for patrons of all ages. The position plays a critical role in advancing the Garden's mission to engage current patrons, first-time visitors, and future visitors by continually improving and refreshing the Gardens' experience and developing approaches that serve as a model for other gardens, nationally and internationally. Defined, targeted, and measured audience growth through quality programs and innovated experiences for increased revenue-generation are high priorities. A central tenet of the role is collaborating with other departments to transform each cadre of visitors into engaged partners who regularly enjoy the gardens and programs. Measuring visitor and member satisfaction through audience evaluations is required for data-based decision making.
· Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred
· 3+ years working in event management.
· 3+ years public program design.
· Detailed planning skills
· Execution of large scale events such as festivals
· Ability to gather data and report to board after events
· Ability to create and forecast a budget as well as execute events while adhering to a budget
· Understand the importance of attention to quality and detail
· Must be able to communicate professionally and maintain amicable relationships with co-workers, volunteers, and visitors.
· Must be able to work alone and in teamwork groups.
Primarily Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., but must be willing to work longer hours as projects and deadlines require. Schedule can be a blended onsite and remote officing.
Medical/Dental/Vision 403b Plan
Employer Paid Life Insurance
Employer Paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
Generous PTO Plan
To Apply Applicants interested in this position must submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Cover letter addressing the following: Discuss your experience as it related to this role. Why are you interested in this role and why you would be a great fit
· Three references: professional, academic, and/or personal
To view the full list of open positions, please go to https://powellgardens.org/